Welcome to Supermarket Wine
Dear supermarket wine enthusiasts,
After thirteen years of scanning the press for wine reviews, I’ve decided to have a break. I haven’t decided what the future holds for supermarketwine.com. I like to think I will return to it at some point with a bigger and smarter offering.
The App is no longer available and won’t be updated from now on. The site will remain live, but no new wines will be added. All affiliate marketing links have been removed.
Thank you for using the site or app. I hope it’s been of help.
Break with tradition this Christmas and don’t worry a jot about what will or won’t go with turkey.
Here’s our take on this year’s wine trends – mainly based on last’s years figures.
Our latest helpful guide to finding the best white wines this Christmas.
- brian mulligan (Clos Montalbanie Pécharmant France 2015, £8)
I have just been reading Victoria Moore’s Daily Telegraph review of Clos Montalbanie Pecharmant 2015, which she highly recommends. I live in St Albans and …
- Joanne dunn (Fairbank Pinot Noir 2013, £8)
This was a favourite of ours and others it looked liked, it was always sold out. Now Sainsbury’s has stopped doing it. Where can we get …
- Scott (Supermarkets face more criticism for "half-price" wine, £)
Wine has been shipped in bulk for years and the fact that W1743 aka Quinn Glass, is bottling it is nothing to worry about. It’s …
- Roger Emeric (Domaine Boyar Deer Point Chardonnay 2017, Bulgaria, £5)
Where can I buy this local to me please? Post code SP6 2BE Or can a dozen be shipped?
- Bashir ross (Fork & Spoon Sparkling Shiraz, £7.99)
Fork and spoon wine red wine sparking red
- Duncan (The Best Palo Cortado Sherry NV, Emilio Lustau, Spain, £6)
Is this sherry the same as Manzilla dry from Emilio Lustau that Morrisons used to sell?
- Keith C Montgomery (McGuigan Black Label Sparkling Shiraz, £7.50)
Can I get McGuigan Black Label Sparkling Shiraz from Sainsburys in Leek
- Heather Marr (The Slender Red Shiraz 8.5% abv, £6.99)
Hi can you tell me the nearest stockist for the slender one. Postcode is KY11 9LA Many thanks
- Richard Maynard Perry (Gál Tibor Egri Bikavér Titi, Eger, Hungary 2015, £8.99)
A real classy “winey” wine, not usually found in this price bracket, that holds it’s own and gives its best with food, not best appreciated …
- Granville Stacey (Vanita Negroamaro 2016 Puglia, £7.49)
Bought last 2 bottles of Vanita Puglia Negroamaro at local Coop SY3. Good stuff! Hope they restock soon….