Welcome to Supermarket Wine
Dear supermarket wine enthusiasts,
After thirteen years of scanning the press for wine reviews, I’ve decided to have a break. I haven’t decided what the future holds for supermarketwine.com. I like to think I will return to it at some point with a bigger and smarter offering.
The App is no longer available and won’t be updated from now on. The site will remain live, but no new wines will be added. All affiliate marketing links have been removed.
Thank you for using the site or app. I hope it’s been of help.
Break with tradition this Christmas and don’t worry a jot about what will or won’t go with turkey.
Here’s our take on this year’s wine trends – mainly based on last’s years figures.
Our latest helpful guide to finding the best white wines this Christmas.
- Georgi Aleksiev (Exquisite Collection Sud de France Rosé, £5.99)
Do not buy it. It makes me sick, literally i vomited from it. My wife has the same problem.
- Thanks (Le Froglet Rosé 2016, France, £8)
A dreadful sweet rose with nothing to recommend it
- Peter Andersen (Tesco Finest Vintage Port 1994, £20.89)
Do you havel bottles of Tesco vintage 1994 ?? I have arranged the largest 1994 tasting in port wine on November 23 in Copenhagen, but missingTesco …
- Peter Hardwick (Lellei Garamvari
Irsai Oliver 2017, Hungary, £5.99)
Will Lidl ever have another Hungarian week featuring Garamvari Lellei Rose wine. I would love to buy some for my wife but cannot find it …
- ALAN BALL (William's Well Gewürztraminer Riesling, £9.50)
Could you please let me know if this wine will return to M & S shelves? Thank you Alan Ball
- Audrey Bruce (The Slender Red Shiraz 8.5% abv, £6.99)
Dear Coop I have been a customer of your supermarket for a good number of years and I have enjoyed a few selections of good red …
- Sheila (The Slender Red Shiraz 8.5% abv, £6.99)
The Slender Red is a really nice palatable wine considering it is only 8 per cent. Perfect for cutting down on alcohol intake. Where can I …
- Keith Lockwood (Chateau Jouanin 2014 Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux, £9)
Superb Best £9 I’ve spent for a long, long time.
- Patricia Henry (Domaine Boyar Deer Point Chardonnay 2017, Bulgaria, £5)
Where can I buy locally TS16
- Irene smythe (Domaine des Ormes Saumur Rouge, France 2014, £7.49)
I want to buy Domaine des Saumur Ormes Rouge wine