Welcome to Supermarket Wine
Dear supermarket wine enthusiasts,
After thirteen years of scanning the press for wine reviews, I’ve decided to have a break. I haven’t decided what the future holds for supermarketwine.com. I like to think I will return to it at some point with a bigger and smarter offering.
The App is no longer available and won’t be updated from now on. The site will remain live, but no new wines will be added. All affiliate marketing links have been removed.
Thank you for using the site or app. I hope it’s been of help.
Break with tradition this Christmas and don’t worry a jot about what will or won’t go with turkey.
Here’s our take on this year’s wine trends – mainly based on last’s years figures.
Our latest helpful guide to finding the best white wines this Christmas.
- Saviour Banavage (L'or du Ciron Sauternes 2011, £12 (37.5cl))
Sir I wish to purchase 6 bottles of the above Sauternes . Is it possible to send to M&S Malta with your shipments and I will …
- Harold hudson (1998 Almena Real Reserva Rioja, Vinedos de Libarta, £4.49 until June 20)
Just discovered a bottle of this, stored in a house in a rack since 1998. Offers from £35
- Kayla Reynokds (Fork & Spoon Sparkling Shiraz, £7.99)
Looking for the red sparkling shiraz
- Mark Holme (Jordi Miró White Grenache 2017, Spain, £10)
This Spanish wine from the cooler north is crisp and pure, with initial stone fruit flavours receding into a mineral herbaceous flavour which …
- Esther Yap ( Le Grand Clauzy Malbec 2015, £6.98)
I am looking for this perticular wine which I’ve drank before I want the same taste of wine I bought Le Grand Clauzy Merlot (750ml) If …
- Nina B (Forget Me Not Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc, Slovenia NV, £9.99)
Elderflower?? More like being hit in the face with an elder branch – dreadful stuff – the so called “elderflower’ is totally overpowering . …
- Georgi Aleksiev (Exquisite Collection Sud de France Rosé, £5.99)
Do not buy it. It makes me sick, literally i vomited from it. My wife has the same problem.
- Thanks (Le Froglet Rosé 2016, France, £8)
A dreadful sweet rose with nothing to recommend it
- Peter Andersen (Tesco Finest Vintage Port 1994, £20.89)
Do you havel bottles of Tesco vintage 1994 ?? I have arranged the largest 1994 tasting in port wine on November 23 in Copenhagen, but missingTesco …
- Peter Hardwick (Lellei Garamvari
Irsai Oliver 2017, Hungary, £5.99)
Will Lidl ever have another Hungarian week featuring Garamvari Lellei Rose wine. I would love to buy some for my wife but cannot find it …