Welcome to Supermarket Wine
Dear supermarket wine enthusiasts,
After thirteen years of scanning the press for wine reviews, I’ve decided to have a break. I haven’t decided what the future holds for supermarketwine.com. I like to think I will return to it at some point with a bigger and smarter offering.
The App is no longer available and won’t be updated from now on. The site will remain live, but no new wines will be added. All affiliate marketing links have been removed.
Thank you for using the site or app. I hope it’s been of help.
Break with tradition this Christmas and don’t worry a jot about what will or won’t go with turkey.
Here’s our take on this year’s wine trends – mainly based on last’s years figures.
Our latest helpful guide to finding the best white wines this Christmas.
- Patricia Henry (Domaine Boyar Deer Point Chardonnay 2017, Bulgaria, £5)
Where can I buy locally TS16
- Irene smythe (Domaine des Ormes Saumur Rouge, France 2014, £7.49)
I want to buy Domaine des Saumur Ormes Rouge wine
- Terry Brown (Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Chablis 2012, £10)
Does your store in Hedge End, stock this particular vintage 2012, or can I only order it on line ??
- Margaret King (La Petite Laurette Rosé 2017, £7.99)
Wow! I’ve only recently discovered this refreshing rosé at our local Co-ops, in Earls Colne and Halstead, and it’s totally amazing. Light, crisp, fruity. Parfait!! …
- Louvain Hill (Torres Viña Sol 2015, £7)
Ordered this on Sunday at £6 a bottle plus 25% of when the delivery came you chose to send a different wine which I refused, …
- Joe Brett (Supermarkets face more criticism for "half-price" wine, £)
OK I understand that W1743 is the bottling plant number in the UK. Is this an official number ? Is there a list of …
- Michael Elkin (Domaine des Ormes Saumur Rouge 2015, £7.49)
I live in Halifax West Yorkshire. Can you please tell me the neaErst Co op store that will have Domaine des Ormes in stock. Thank …
- brian mulligan (Clos Montalbanie Pécharmant France 2015, £8)
I have just been reading Victoria Moore’s Daily Telegraph review of Clos Montalbanie Pecharmant 2015, which she highly recommends. I live in St Albans and …
- Joanne dunn (Fairbank Pinot Noir 2013, £8)
This was a favourite of ours and others it looked liked, it was always sold out. Now Sainsbury’s has stopped doing it. Where can we get …
- Scott (Supermarkets face more criticism for "half-price" wine, £)
Wine has been shipped in bulk for years and the fact that W1743 aka Quinn Glass, is bottling it is nothing to worry about. It’s …